Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Love, Discerns.

2 points of advice I look back and see why I should have accepted it and put it into practice sooner then what I did.

1. Grow up
2. Responsibility . Because it makes a man.

My whole life, my whole goal, my ... identity.... was loving people.
I've always just wanted to reach out to everyone. Men and Women alike.
I wanted anyone who sat in my company to feel as if they are the most special and important person at that moment.
I wanted to over tell them " I love you."
I wanted to complament them in abundance.
I wanted to reassure them of their good points... not their insecurities.
I want to give people what I always felt I wanted.....

1 John 4:16-18 says
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us in that we will have confidence on this day of judgment because in this world we are like Him. There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment . The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Maybe. As I reflect inward. That I am not made perfect complete in love.
In the persence of Christ, I don't think anyone felt that He was sketchy and His motives were wrong. I think in His presence He was honest, and discerning.

I think maybe I've over looked discernment.
I think I over looked relying on the love and power of Christ.
how did I, cameron moore, ever think I could accomplish anything on my own. By my power.
What filled me with false security and pride that I thought I knew how to love people.

Who am I to say I know how to love.
I have no idea what scarifice means.
I have no idea what it means to come into a world you loved, become man for man, and be rejected and crucified.
only .... to see.. that your bride still rejects you.

I have no idea of perfect love
I have no thoughts
I have no heart or mind to begin to understand the love the Father has for me.

What have I been doing this whole time?
Hinding behind the excuse of " I'm loving people"
when really I was hurting people.
Love comes and has to come with discernment.

What love doesn't come with knowledge.
Jesus knew what was in man, but loved them anyway.
He was knowledgeable and discerned His actions.
Sometimes after loving a person and healing them, He told them to go away and be healed and tell no one.
Why do I feel as if I can pull people back and forth and feel as if I can heal them.
So here it is.

Identity crisis.
Its funny because I remember tons of talks that I've had with people about finding themselves in Christ and here I am ... 20 going on 21 ...
and I'm starting over with finding my identity.
Better now to find myself in Christ than never.

" But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we HAVE fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin." 1 John 1:7

So here it is.

If I walk in the light I don't have to worry about if I will be loving people because walking in Him means fellowship with others and confidence to rely on the love of Christ.
So for me.

I don't have to show out .
I don't have to make it a point to love folks.
It will just come as I draw near to Christ.
After all, we are a reflection of our relationship with Him.

" And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with KNOWLEDGE and all DISCERNMENT." Phil 1:9.

Love isn't always empty complements or flirting..
matter of fact it isnt at all.
Sometimes its telling people what they don't want to hear and letting the Spirit of Christ do the rest.
Maybe its today that I start to better understand its not I who can do anything...
but Its Gods word that built mountains, healed the sick, cleansed us of our debt.

So as a new creation I see what I do know.
I once hated Jesus. I was an enemy. I was separated.
But while I was still a sinner, He became sin and died for me even though He came only to love and invite people into a relationship with the Father.
I see there is no fear in the Love of God.
that in Him is rest and fellowship.
and as I draw near, I will live out His will for my life.
I see that in God there is peace.
I see there is grace.
I see I need to know His word.

I'm learning.
I'm growing.
and I'm figuring out who I am....
but only in Christ and for Christ and through... Christ.

that is all for today.

1 comment:

  1. still praying for you bro.. adding this to the list i have for you. know that this blog is a great challenge/encouragement to me. thanks for being real and share what's really going in your life. you da man.

    ReplyDelete