Friday, March 11, 2011

Some people call me Cadillac or anything smooth cause I'm nice. But you can call me Billy

Today as I was in starbucks getting my pike blend tall coffee to start my day off right after having two chicken and biscuits with strawberry jelly and some water while reading 1 John 2:1-3

" My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands."

I see this man on the way out on Starbucks...
He isn't dressed like a student or your typical adult.
I knew then .. he was homeless.
Not just for the way he was dressed... well.. you'd have to see him.

I walked out and it hit me...
buy him a coffee...
I said no... and kept walking..

I made it to the stairs until I said okay Lord.

Long story short I bought this man a grande black coffee, biggest one they had
sorry mom, we make money to bless others.
Anyways..
I bought this man coffee and took him to the creamer and sugar and told him he could put whatever he wants in it.

At the end I told him
God Bless.
Because He does.

He blessed me.

I want to know the commands of Christ live in me.
and I want to know I am not above anyone.

Go back up and read 1 John 2:1-3
Jesus died for my sins
and billy's also.
That makes us equal.
Our social class or age or color should not separate us.
and it didn't in that moment.

I am a great sinner..... with a GREAT SAVIOR.
Bigger than my sin.
And That makes me grateful and I should be more so.

I don't write this to boast or show off for me...
I write to tell you.
You are not better than anyone.
We are all sinners who are in need of a savior.
So you might as well start noticing people and praying that God would live in you and out of the over flow of Him living in you , you attempt to live out His commands.

You and I was once just dirt....
but God makes beautiful things out of the dirt.

Start noticing your neighbors...
They might come in the form of a Cadillac ... or the form of you.

2 comments:

  1. It's funny how just showing the grace of God threw a simple kind jester can make you feel so uplifted I'm gunna start reading these more often love you brosif keep doing what your doing this is trevor by the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing experience! Glory to God!

    Have you ever done homeless ministry - as in on the streets? It's intense man. It will change your outlook on on a lot of things. We are absolutely no better. We could be one decision away from ending up homeless as well. Homeless have a place in my heart. I could talk a lot about it.. but i'll save that.

    Keep on being obedient! Press on brother!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete