Saturday, April 2, 2011

" I stole a watermelon and a apple... thats about it."

I think its wise to sit in the counsel of an elder and allow him to speak their heart.
I mean, you not talk the whole time and allow this elder to ramble.

I figure the older you get, the more life seems dimer.
That after you accomplish everything you had set... there really is no more point to be alive than to eat, breathe, and be marry( if that is possible)

Today I had breakfast with my granddaddy.
We went to hardees and had coffee and biscuits.
Now, this is the granddaddy growing up you didn't spend much time with...
For some reasons, grandfather figures were sketchy to me growing up.
One left my maw maw to play music and race cars... along with women
and the other, the one I had breakfast with, well, we just didn't hit it off.

We talked about all kinds of things.
One thing we talked about was Jesus.
He asked me about evolution.
At this time we were done with breakfast and now walking through his flower garden.
We were looking at the tulips and they were beautiful.
Some were peppermint color and the others were white with purple strips.
I told him I believe things do evolve over time.
But energy cannot be created nor destroyed so that means big boom and everything else was ruled out, I won't go into detail for the sake of its a beautiful day outside and I'd like to be out there.
But eventually we talked about heaven.
and this was the conversation
" Grandad, do you believe you will be in heaven one day."
response " I think so, I think He may forgive me of all my sin. I remember when I got saved, I was standing in a ditch clearing out woods and the Lord slapped me in the face."
" well granddad you know you can be sure."

I just want to tell you folks, that you can be sure about your eternity.
Romans 10:9-10 says " if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and Savior you WILL BE SAVED."
" Therefore if you confess your sins before Him He is faithful and just and will forgive you of your sin." 1 john 1 :9
" Believe in the name of the Son Jesus Christ you will be saved." Acts 16: 19. Well I think its 19, I've been memorizing other scripture so that address is distant in my mind.

God 100% for sure forgives you of your sin.

As I said earlier that getting older it seems you don't have much to live for when you get older after accomplishing all your goals you set...
but ..
with Christ...
you will ALWAYS have a reason to be alive.
You will always have goals.
That is a relationship you can never complete!
It is always growing and being built.
It is a life long adventure and journey that continues as you grow.
So, even at 81, 83, 92, 14, or 21...
pursuing a relationship gives you a reason to always live and always have goals.
Never a reason to sit and wonder the end of death, when you can sit and think of the beginning of life. even at 83.

John 17:3
Eternal life is knowing God.
May you treasure it as Christ did and does.

p.s I did not proof read this, enjoy the mistakes and errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment